论坛时间:2019年11月5-8日论坛时间:2019年10月21-25日
2007年11月5日至7日,来自澳大利亚、美国、加拿大、日本、匈牙利、中国等国家的近百名农业科学家聚会中国杨凌,以“国际农业合作、创新与发展”为主题,就旱区农业与节水农业、高效畜牧业与动物疾病防控、食...
【点击查看更多内容】
2017 首页» 杨凌国际农业科技论坛» 论文摘要» 2017

Philip Johnson

Department of Food Science and Technology University of Nebraska, Lincoln, USA

Proteomics is a tool of almost unparalleled versatility, and its extensive application to food safety research and practice seems inevitable. However, thus far the application of protein mass spectrometry to food has been limited mostly to food allergens, with limited research into use in food microbiology and authenticity. I will briefly discuss the potential of proteomics in food science, as well as the barriers which have hitherto prevented widespread adoption. I will then introduce major types of proteomics using my own research on the theme of food allergy. Targeted proteomics for the quantitative detection of proteins in food is perhaps the most common use of mass spectrometry in food science. I will describe the quantitative analysis of allergens in food for consumer protection, focusing on the detection of peanuts in spices, particularly cumin and garlic. Untargeted proteomics for the detection of unknown proteins is little used outside of research, but has tremendous potential. This will be introduced through work on the control of biopharmaceuticals based on foods, a field of growing interest as the lines between foods, nutraceuticals and biopharmaceuticals becomes less obvious. Lastly, I will introduce the analysis of intact proteins (“top-down” proteomics), an MS application currently limited to simple protein mixtures but with tremendous potential applicability for food analysis in the future. As an example I will discuss how MS can be used to gain insight into the structures of allergenic proteins and how this knowledge can be used to potentially predict allergenic traits.

Proteomics in Food Science
发布时间:2017-12-27 来源:

上一篇: $article.name
下一篇: $article.name
版权所有 © 2006-2012 西北农林科技大学 国际合作与交流处
中国.陕西.杨凌邰城路3号  Tel: +86-29-87082857  Fax:+86-29-87082892  Email: ipo@nwsuaf.edu.cn